Titel

Life in Music inspired by Joe Henry


woensdag 11 juni 2014

June 10 : Handelsbeurs, Gent

Dear readers who where there : feel free to share, what you want to share, about your own experience of this show. You can leave a reaction, or send me an e-mail.


Reviews

 nieuwsblad 
Dat publiek genoot duidelijk van de vooral rustige akoestische muziek en doorbrak die rust alleen voor applaus.
Translated : this audience enjoyed the mostly quiet acoustic music, and only broke that silence for applause.

concertmanic
Because it was a (near) solo gig this reduced the songs to their bare essence and proved the extreme high quality of songwriting that his songs have.

Read my musings about this show here

Pictures

visit : nieuwsblad
visit : flickr

Trivia

Belgian singer Frank Vanderlinden was playing at the same time at walking distance from the handelsbeurs in Gent. He said to his audience :
"Thank you for coming over, but I don't understand. You could have also gone over to see Joe Henry. That's where I would have been, I wanted to go, but I have to be here."

Setlist


Odetta
Like she was a hammer
Eyes out for you
Grave angels
Invisible Hour
Swayed
The man I keep hid
Our song
Monkey
After the war
Lead me on
Sparrow
Stop
God only knows
Plain speak

encores
Slide
Kindness of the world


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten